We are engineers on a mission.
Increasing Energy Efficiency
We have taken a number of steps to reduce the amount of power that we use. We actually generate quite a lot of our own using natural resources. The roof of our offices in Altrincham are covered with solar panels, and since 2013 they have produced circa 15,000 kWh per year that we are able to use on site.
Our work on developing structural thermal breaks to reduce heat loss through building envelopes is well documented. and includes finer structural details such as façade system supports, balcony attachments, data centre substructures, and rooftop plant installations.
The ISO is an independent, non-governmental membership organization and the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards.
The ISO14001 standard provides practical tools for companies looking to manage their environmental responsibilities. Using ISO 14001:2015 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
We have a new energy monitoring system which allows us to monitor energy flowing to all of our manufacturing equipment.
We have adopted Industry 4.0 standards in digitising our documentation, so paper is only ever used when there is no other option. And when we do it is either recycled or FSC sourced.
We recycle and filter the water used on our waterjet cutting equipment.
Solar panels installed in 2013
Making a positive impact on the environment
Farrat work on a variety of grass roots, community projects that aim to improve the surrounding area for both wildlife and people. Previous projects include community gardens with ‘bug hotels’ and planting to encourage pollination in sensory and vegetable gardens and community centres.
We are engineers on a mission to support a better world by:
- Tackling key issues in urban living such as structure-borne noise and thermal bridging
- Driving for resource efficiency by facilitating rigorous design to achieve the required performance specifications with minimum mass and materials
- Manufacturing locally in the UK to minimise lead times and transport emissions
- Continuously working to minimise the environmental footprint of all our operations
- Enhancing the quality of life for people who live, work and enjoy time within the buildings we are involved with
- Working to support our local communities
Challenge our engineers
Contact us now for an initial consultation.